Last time, we spring cleaned your fridge and freezer. Now, it's time to tackle one of the dirtiest places in the kitchen--the microwave! This process will not only get the inside sparkling but will also help you eliminate any unpleasant odors.
What You'll Need:
1. Unplug the microwave.
2. Fill up a microwave-safe BPA-free plastic or glass bowl with white vinegar and microwave it on high for 6 minutes. This will neutralize odors.
3. Fill up a bucket with hot water. Add a splash of lemon juice.
4. Wipe out the inside of the microwave with a microfiber cleaning cloth. For this appliance, I really like the Casabella Superglide Sponge. Its texture helps to loosen debris, and its perfectly sized for getting inside of the microwave.
5. If there are tough baked-on stains, use a green scouring cloth or scrub brush to tackle it. My pick is the Casabella Terry Scouring Cloth, which comes in a pack of four, so you'll have some for doing the dishes, too.
6. Plug the microwave back in and congratulate yourself on having the cleanest microwave in the neighborhood.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive special offers and discount codes by email