Taking an organic approach to eating is the perfect complement to your paperless kitchen. And what better place to start than during the Thanksgiving Holidays? Organic fruits and veggies have a lower impact on the environment than those grown with chemical pesticides and synthetic fertilizers. Although there is some debate about whether or not organic foods actually contain more nutrients than other foods, it's clear that preparing well-balanced, healthy meals instead of using processed foods at home is better for your family and for the planet.
The key to making meal times more natural and healthier for your family is having a great collection of recipes at your disposal. For those who love traditional cookbooks, we put together this list of five of the best natural cookbooks for families.
1. The Organic Family Cookbook by Anni Daulter (Paperback, 176 pages) - This book comes from the founder of Bohemian Baby, a top organic baby food company. Each recipe is geared toward pleasing the palates of kids and their parents. You'll also find tips for greening your home and organic gardening in this handy book.
2. 201 Organic Baby Purees: The Freshest, Most Wholesome Food Your Baby Can Eat! by Tamika L. Gardner (Paperback, 240 pages, also available in a Kindle edition) - Gardner is a well-known expert in healthy baby foods and has had her recipes featured on television. This book gives you simple, incredibly healthy alternatives to traditional baby food, and infants can't seem to get enough of their delicious tastes.
3. Allergy-Friendly Food for Families: 120 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, and Soy-Free Recipes Everyone Will Enjoy by Editors of Kiwi Magazine (Paperback, 256 pages, also available in a Kindle edition) - Featuring recipes compiled from issues of Kiwi Magazine, this book focuses on eating natural for families where food sensitivities are an issue. The recipes make it easy to provide the whole family with meals that are delicious, yet safe for every member to enjoy.
4. The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook: Whole Foods To Nourish Pregnant And Breastfeeding Women - And Their Families by Cathe Olson (Paperback, 429 pages) - Writer Cathe Olson created this book based on her own experiences trying to maintain a vegetarian diet and ensure that she had the proper nutrition throughout pregnancy and while nursing. Perfect for busy moms and moms-to-be, the recipes are quick and healthy for everyone, eliminating the need to make separate meals for kids and dads.
5. Organic Baby & Toddler Cookbook (Paperback, 144 pages) The work of a founder of a line of organic foods for children, this cookbook includes recipes that are perfect for transitioning kids from purees to more solid cuisine. There is a wide array of delicious dishes from traditional American fare to Indian recipes.
Do you have any organic cookbook recommendations? Let us know!