One of the biggest ways that you can green your home is by making smarter choices about the products that you use to clean it. In addition to using chemical-free cleaning products and green cleaning cloths, you can eliminate many common chemical-cleaning products by switching to steam cleaning.
Cleaning with steam has many benefits that make it a great alternative to chemical-based cleaning:
- Steam cleaning uses nothing but heated water to freshen fabrics and remove dirt and grime and is shown to be just as effective as cleaning with traditional products.
- Steam cleaning can be used to naturally eliminate bedbugs and other common pests, which typically can't be dealt with by using ordinary cleaning products.
- The heat from steam can kill many common types of household bacteria, including e. Coli, listeria and salmonella.
- When you clean with steam, you'll leave no potentially toxic residues behind on fabrics, flooring or other surfaces.
- Because no cleaning products are required to clean with steam, you'll save money over time when you switch to steam cleaning.
- Steam cleaning machines can be used to clean the whole house and, with the right attachments, can even be used to freshen clothing or tackle tough jobs like grimy grout in the bathroom.
- In homes of allergy sufferers, steam cleaning does not introduce fragrances that can trigger respiratory or skin reactions.
- Steam cleaning is quick and simple and can greatly cut down on the amount of time that you spend cleaning your home.
If you're ready to make the switch to steam cleaning, check out our Vapamore steamers collections.
Are you an experienced steam cleaner? We'd love to hear about how steam cleaning has benefited you and your family! Please share your stories in the comments section.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive special offers and discount codes by email