If the thought of vehicle emissions and dwindling petrochemical supplies around the world aren't enough to make you want to drive less, the cost of gasoline is definitely an incentive. Carpooling is one of the best ways to cut down on gasoline to save money and the planet, but what do you do when you're headed somewhere that friends, family members and coworkers aren't going?
Carticipate was designed to help people find rides to and from destinations all over the country. I decided to give it a try, and sadly, my experiences weren't completely positive.
- Available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 3.1.2 or later
- Free download from the App Store
- Languages include English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Northern Sami, Norwegian, Spanish, Turkish
- Created by Carticipate, Inc.
- Contains a search mode that allows you to find people in your area that have posted rides
- Gives you the ability to register for an account and offer rides to other
- Uses the GPS in your device to find your present location, but you can also select different locations if you wish
I can't get this app to work at all. When I try to access the app, I only get error messages. I have a friend who has been able to use this app several times to get rides to the airport and to concerts and events in our city, but I did not have success.
Still, the app is free, so if you're looking for ways to drive less, it may be worth a few minutes to download it and see if you have better luck. Let us know what happens in the "Comments" section!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive special offers and discount codes by email