When you're serious about going green, taking steps to decrease your eco footprint can begin to feel like a chore. Personally, I find myself getting stressed from time to time when I'm faced with buying something that I want to ensure is eco-friendly. I also get overwhelmed sometimes, feeling as if being green is too large an undertaking. It seems like for every change I make for the positive, I uncover a dozen more changes that need to be made.
Recently, I found an enjoyable app that puts a little fun into leading a greener life, so I wanted to share it with all of you. The name of the app is EcoDice, and it's a novel way to get some green inspiration.
- Available for iPhone 3GS models and later, iPod touch 3rd generation models or later and iPads. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Sold for $.99 on the Apple App Store
- Only available in English
- Created by Richard Van tol of Creative Heroes
- When you turn on EcoDice, you'll see an animated image of a die being thrown. Instead of dots, the die is adorned with images of stick figures engaged in various activities.
- Once the animation ends, an icon will appear on your screen along with a tip on how you can go green. Examples include "Walk or Ride a Bike to Work or School" and "Shower Together Today."
- After a few seconds, the die rolls again and a new tip appears until you turn off the program.
This app has some very good suggestions for ways to green your life, and all of them are easy to execute. I find myself playing with the app when I'm waiting for appointments, and I'm sure this would be a fun program for kids.
The only downside I see to the app is that the images tend to repeat frequently, so you may see the same idea a few times if you play for more than a few minutes.
Still, for $.99 the beautiful graphics and smart tips make this app a winner.
Have you tried EcoDice? Give us your review in the "Comments" section.