Looking for something fun to do with Mom on Mother's Day? Because restaurants are always so crowded on that special day of the year, why not head out to a nearby park, beach or forest and enjoy a picnic? Mom is sure to love not having to cook for the day, and you can enjoy time together and the beauty of nature at the same time.
Here are a few tips that you can use to keep your picnic eco-friendly:
- Bike or walk to your picnic site if possible to save gasoline and make your day even more special.
- Select organic produce and antibiotic meats and poultry for your picnic lunch. Bring along some Eat Cleaner wipes to clean off apples, berries or other fruits before you eat.
- Take a large basket for foods that will stay fresh without being refrigerated and pack cold items in the OOTS! eco-friendly light blue lunch box.
- Use Bambu Veneerware plates in place of paper or plastic and bring along a roll of Bambooee bamboo towels to use instead of paper napkins.
- Instead of plastic silverware, pick up the To-Go Ware Utensils Set, which includes five complete sets with a fork, knife, spoon and chopsticks. The utensils are washable, reusable and fashioned out of bamboo. You can give them to Mom to take home as a gift after your picnic is through.
- Take your trash with you when you and then go and drop it off for composting or take it home to your own compost pile.
Do you have any green picnicking tips that you'd like to share? We'd love to hear them, so post them in the comments section
I want to try to the bamboo utensil set, but the last set I saw was very rough. Are these pretty smooth and sturdy?
May 07, 2013
Yes, these are very smooth and extremely sturdy. Bamboo utensils have become quite functional!