Even though the health care industry is progressing more and more toward a completely paperless system, you likely still receive a lot of paperwork from your insurance company and health care providers. While you can't stop the paper waste from coming to your home, you can ensure that it's properly recycled to reduce its environmental impact. Simplee is an app designed to help you take your medical record-keeping at home into the paperless age, and I recently gave this app a test drive to see how it works.
- Available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 5.0 or later
- Free download from the App Store
- Available in English only
- Created by Simplificare, Inc.
- Allows you to enter in medical expenses and insurance claims information and easily track payments
- Tracks your deductibles for all of your health plans
- Enables you to easily track medical spending
- Password-protected to ensure your safety
As a self-employed person, tracking medical expenses is very important to me at tax time, and I'm very impressed with how easy it is to enter expenses and see at a glance how much money has gone into co-pays, purchasing prescriptions and paying deductibles. I was worried it would be hard to have my health insurance plans set up, but Simplee makes it very easy. The app has all of the major insurers already inputted, but you do need to already have a user account set up with your insurers to connect the app to your accounts.
The only drawback that I see to the app is that it doesn't provide a place for tracking payments to physicians, so if you're a private pay customer, the app couldn't help you easily track outstanding balances. For anyone with health insurance, though, the app is definitely an easy way to make health care more paperless.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive special offers and discount codes by email