While you can find plenty of green cleaning products here at Paperless Kitchen, sometimes you need to handle a quick cleaning task and just don't have time to order online. That's when it's great to be able to make your own natural cleaning products at home. Recently, I discovered an app that promises to make it easier to make your green cleaning products. It's called Clean&Green, and I took it for a test drive to find out what it's all about.
What Is Clean&Green?
Clean&Green is a mobile app that lets you browse a list of green cleaning recipes. There are six different categories to look through, and all of the recipes are listed in alphabetical order. When you find a recipe that looks interesting, you can click arrow buttons to read step-by-step information on how to make it.
Benefits of Clean&Green
There were some things I really liked about this app, including:
- Free Download. You don't have to pay to download the app, so there isn't any risk in downloading it.
- Variety. There really are recipes for just about anything you might want to clean. You can even find really specific things like crayon remover.
- Easy to Follow. The recipes are written well, so you don't have to scratch your head and wonder what they mean.
- Simple to Use. You can figure out how to use the app as you go. It's very straightforward.
Drawbacks of Clean&Green
- Questionable authority. There is no information about where the recipes come from, and users can't leave reviews. You really don't know if anything on the app will work or not.
- Limited Free Access. You only get access to two of the six categories of cleaning products with the free download: All Purpose Cleaner and Bathroom Cleaner. You can unlock one category at a time for free but it makes you watch a loud advertisement and takes you to another website when you try to do it. If you want to avoid that, you can unlock all six remaining categories for $.99.
- No Ingredient Listings. There isn't an ingredient list at the beginning to make it easy to shop or know if you have what you need.
- A Lot of Ads. This app is littered with ads. They appear at the bottom of the page, and after a few taps you get popups. They cover the entire screen, so it's very easy to end up clicking one and getting redirected.
We would give this app a 7/10. The content is helpful, but we feel as if it was made mainly for the purpose of generating ad revenue. Not a lot of thought was put into actually making this an authoritative resource for those who want to clean green. Since it's free, it's worth a download and we hope that the recipes will work for you well.