We're back with another green app review! This time, we're taking a look at the app Go Green, which was developed by Web Works. The app is available for Android and iOS devices. The iOS device is compatible with iOS version 2.0 or later, so you can even use it on older models.
What Is Go Green?
Go Green is an app that shares tips that can help you lead a greener life. The tips cover a wide variety of topics from cleaning to recycling to conservation to choosing eco friendly products at the store. Each time that you sign into the app a new tip is displayed. You can touch an icon to go back and read all of the previous tips if you wish.
Pros of Go Green
Go Green has a number of positive features, including:
- Ease of Use. The app is very straightforward. You actually don't have to do anything but launch it and read.
- Great for Daily Use. This app is a good one for those who want to learn one new green thing per day.
- Useful Information. The majority of the tips are helpful and aren't things you would immediately think of. Generally, the tips go beyond the basic ones provided by most similar apps.
- Completely Free. The full version of Green Tips is free to download and to use. There are no in-app purchases of any kind. There are ads, but they're not obtrusive.
Cons of Go Green
- Inconvenient for Reading Multiple Tips. If you have time to kill and you want to read a number of tips in one sitting, you have to keep exiting the app and coming back. It would be nice if you could flip through and see new tips as well as the old tips.
- Some Tips Are Incomplete. While all of the tips are factual, some of them are greener than others. For example, one tip recommends using a laptop computer instead of a desktop computer to conserve energy. This is accurate but it doesn't tell you that you can't leave the laptop plugged in all the time if you want to conserve.
The Final Takeaway
Based on using Go Green for a few days, I find the program to be one of the better green tips apps on the market today. It's definitely worth taking a look at, especially since it won't cost you anything to try! Give the app a spin and let us know what you think in the "Comments" section.